New Year, New Goals

 Thanks to this Chookshed Stitchers challenge, I've started my list of UFOs to work on in 2024. 



Sadly quite a few are previous years' goals, but I'm gonna keep trying to get them done. The rules of this challenge are that you make a list of ten quilts/projects to work on and then they'll post the project number of the one you're to work on for that month. Since I'm a couple of days late in joining, I already knew that January's number is #6, so I purposely assigned the Sew Scrappy Spools quilt to number six since I really want to get that done and my friend, Tricia, and I have already plotted out two sewing days for this month.

So, here's my year's list:

1. Make a lap quilt top from Pat Sloan's "Home Is..." quilt-along blocks.


2. Put borders on this Autumn Jubilee quilt, enough to make into a queen size quilt.


3. Finish this Diamond pattern into a baby quilt top.



4. Since several in the group have chosen to make #4 a panel quilt, I'm going to use this Christmas panel to make a wall-hanging.


5. I was given this start of Eleanor Burns' Egg Money quilt over eight years ago and I think it's about time I turn it into a flimsy.


6. Sew Scrappy Spools - a 2023 BOM from the Fat Quarter Shop that needs to become a completed flimsy.



7. Once again I dream of sewing up these music-themed patterns from a Shop Hop Row-along from several years ago. I hope to be able to gift it to daughter #5.


8. Still the Music Row-along because I think it's going to take a lot of time.

9. I dream of piecing and hand-quilting Christmas wall-hangings/lap quilts for each of my kids' families this year, so one or two of them will be done this month. The panel in project #4 will probably be used in one or two of them. (I have six to make; one is already pieced and will be my hand-work project soon.

10. Another one or two Christmas wall-hangings.

As I'm working on various sewing projects, I'm also making this "leader-ender" quilt:


I need to cut a greater variety of scrappy colors, so I've set myself a goal of cutting scraps for 20 minutes at the start of every sewing session.

I'm also working on little cross-stitched "stamps" from Sweet Annet Designs on Etsy for birthday gifts. They're small, but fairly complex with a lot of subtle color changes that make each piece so beautiful, but sometimes I have to be so focused that I can't watch TV while doing it. :)



I'd also like to reward some weight loss with sewing myself a new dress, so that's in the back of my goal-planning.

I'm probably being overly ambitious as is my norm, but I really hope to clean out a bunch over the course of this year and getting some projects done will help with that. 

This Week's Goals:

1. Two blocks of Sew Scrappy Spools
2. Finish Hobbit Hole cross-stitch
3. Start Bookshelf cross-stitch
4. Pin-baste first Christmas quilt for hand-quilting

I think that ought to keep me pretty well occupied, especially since I have several books to read before they're due back at the library. 😉

Till later, may our goals be achievable!




3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of cutting scraps before each sewing session. I could really benefit from doing something similar!
    How fun that you could place #6 in a position you needed to start off the challenge. See, joining late definitely has its perks, and you aren't even very late as it is only Jan 2.
    Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have lovely quilts planned for the year, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely list to start the New Year with. Good luck. I’m looking forward to watching your progress. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. 🤗

    ReplyDelete