The Week Between

 From Christmas to New Year's Day -

 a no-man's-land kind of week...


...not much snow this year




...continued joy and thankfulness for the greatest gift of all - the possibility of an intimate relationship with the Almighty Creator of the Universe and Lover of People



...the fun discovery of a very cute (and tasty) coffee shop while on an impromptu jaunt to see my brother's family and my mom who was visiting them


...time to enjoy another good book by Ruth Chou Simons




...goofy kitty-friends



...time to put together a plan/journal for the next year which I hope to have spiral-bound at Staples. It incorporates a lot of pages from Joy's garden journal.

 


...time to get back into piano practice since I'll be playing prelude on Sunday - first time in a long time



...time to wish all a "prosperous" new year - prosperous in so many more ways than just financial.


As long as thanks is possible, then joy is always possible...The holy grail of joy is not in some exotic location or some emotional mountain peak experience. The joy wonder could be here! Here, in the messy, piercing ache of now, joy might be - unbelievably - possible! The only place we need see before we die is this place of seeing God, here and now.

- Ann Voskamp in One Thousand Gifts





1 comment:

  1. The in-between week is a funny one, isn't it? I always wonder how long to wait until I bring the decorations down. It's a fun time too, with the anticipation of the new year coming - I've also set up my planner, and I have been planning for homeschool too. Nice to meet you through The Homemaking Party!

    ReplyDelete