Accomplishments and New OMG Goal

Finally! We have some beautiful, clear skies instead of smoke-dimmed views. Grand Traverse Bay looked it's usual beautiful self as we trekked in to get more building materials for our Critter Corner on Saturday.

In the garden, strawberries have definitely slowed down, but being everbearing, I might get more later, and the raspberries are going strong though I won't get too many cuz our bushes are just babies yet. But they're making enough to flavor our morning kefir smoothies, so I'm happy.


I found a cool harvesting apron at Goodwill that was brand new and am making use of it in harvesting my very thickly planted beans. 


The tall plants are fava beans - a new one for me


The apron enables me to pick with two hands since I don't have to try to haul a basket around with nowhere to set it. I look a little like a kangaroo, but...my nickname as a little girl was Kimmy Kangaroo, so, it fits.


In the sewing nook, I did finish my OMG project by the end of the month, but didn't get it reported in time. I'm sure I'll survive. This will go in my collection of donation flimsies to probably send to Jo's Country Junction.



 I've also made good progress at catching up with Joy's quilt-along. This first picture of of the child's version which I'm making to donate.



Here's the Christmas version which I will probably gift, but might keep as a lap quilt.



This week's goals:

In the sewing nook:
* Organize and start my August OMG (#12 as assigned by the American Patchwork and Quilting's       UFO  Challenge on FB), providentially the quilt my daughter wants me to finish up and give to her 😊


* Catch up on Christmas in July quilt-along

* Now that I have my new lightbox, get back to Everyday Emboidery


* Finish up the last bits of the pillowcase embroidery and sew it together.



In the garden/homestead:
* Spread vermicompost everywhere (Yup, I'm thinking of the line in "Hello, Dolly" about money only      being good if, like manure, it's spread around.)
* Keep harvesting and preserving, particularly the beans & greens
* Begin building rabbit cages, at least two
* Call the dude about a California buck rabbit

At my desk:
* Write to A.P.
* Card to B.K.
* Birthday card to DD1

In my easy chair:
* Finish reading - The Sustainable Homestead by Angela Farraro-Fanning
* Read from On Getting Out of Bed by Alan Noble
* Read from Year of No Garbage by Eve O. Schaub
* Read from Soul Revolution by John Burke

In the community:
* Volunteer at animal shelter
* Get to know more people at new church

Well, besides the usual housekeeping and trying some new things in the kitchen, that ought to keep me well-occupied for awhile.

I hope your week is full of the blessings of the Lord!

7 comments:

  1. Lots of busy goals. I love your July OMG, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of goals and love seeing those purple beans! Good luck and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals. Your prior OMG looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your childhood nickname Kim! I remember my grandmother using an apron when harvesting from the garden sometimes too! Great idea. Your pillowcase embroidery is gorgeous. Have fun with your goals! Thanks for sharing with us on Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are busy fun quilt - will you replant fava beans?

    ReplyDelete