Vacation and Projects

It was a good vacation! Lots of fishing (first time for the grandsons), swimming, dropping from a rope into the lake, reading, playing games, eating well (more junk food than usual), trekking through the family forest reliving childhood adventures, telling stories, watching a heron, enjoying grandsons/nephews that we don't see often, singing "How Great Thou Art" while paddling my canoe as well as around the campfire, and overall being thankful for such a blessed time in such a beautiful place. Even the rainy days were cozy and lovely.










*~*~*~*~*
So, today I'm putzing around home, washing the sheets and some clothes, needing to mow, and playing at the sewing machine. So far I've made progress on putting borders on my OMG Strippy Star baby quilt...


...caught up on Week 2 of Joy's Christmas in July Mystery Quilt for one of the two quilts I'm doing (cuz I'm silly)...


...and made a simple frame for Melisa's patriotic cross-stitch from some scraps of ribbon I had.


As soon as the glue finished drying on these clothespins, I plan to pin the cross-stitch to it...


...kinda like this:

And that will be a nice addition to my July decor, thanks again to Melisa. 😊

*~*~*~*~*
While we were at the cabin, I made some additions to my Everyday Embroidery, but didn't get too far because my lightbox died and it's too large and cumbersome of a project to hold up against a window. So, till my new lightbox gets here, I'll not be making much progress on it.

My blanket stitch needs more practice. 😕 But that's kinda what this project is about.





*~*~*~*~*
This week's goals include:
Crafts:
* Finishing the Strippy Star flimsy and reporting to to OMG
* Catching up on Week 2 of Christmas in July with Christmas fabrics
* Doing Week 3 of Christmas in July with both Christmas and children's fabrics
* Continue embroidered pillowcase for DD5 on which I made some progress at cabin


Homemaking/Homesteading:

* Harvest salad greens
* Harvest beans
* Get back into my housecleaning schedule
* Perhaps start building rabbit and quail cages

I hope your week is rosey!



4 comments:

  1. What a lovely serene place to vacation! Loved that foggy photo especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! We are very blessed. It is owned by my brother-in-law and he loans it out to missionaries, pastors, and family for a week at a time.

      Delete
  2. Kim, thanks so much for sharing your wonderful and beautiful vacation pics with us. You had me at sitting around the campfire singing How Great Thou Art - one of my all time faves! Thanks for sharing your quilting, stitching and family with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can we not sing that song "when through the woods and forest glades I wander..."?! :)

    ReplyDelete