Christmas in July Mystery Quiltalong & Dow Gardens

 Since I won't have sewing time next week, I'm glad that I was able to get all of step 1 done for the Christmas in July Mystery Quiltalong hosted by Joy...



...both sets. Hooray!


*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I also got to meet a friend and her mom at Dow Gardens in Midland, MI. Since I already have far too many pictures of this beautiful place, I tried to limit myself this time, but I really enjoyed the statuary. It was almost all of children playing outside and I love that. The sculptures were so realistic and joyful and energetic.






Of course, the flowers were gorgeous, too, and we spent a lot of time admiring them, like this bee is.




The children's playground and the "canopy" walk in the treetops are also a lot of fun. If you're anywhere near there I highly recommend a visit.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Today is mostly spent preparing to spend a week at a nearby lakeside cabin (with no internet and very spotty signal; yay!) with family and friends. It's handy that it's so close so that I don't have to get a cat sitter and I'm not too worried if I forget to take something. 

I hope your weekend and upcoming week are full of sunshine (unless you need rain), good company (with some peaceful solitude thrown in), and the love of the Lord (accessible to all).



9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on squeezing step one of the Christmas in July mystery quilt. It looks like you are off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was a quick way to get things going.

      Delete
  2. Yay for getting step 1 done - and thanks for sharing them mystery!!! Dow Gardens is really pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gardens really are a great place to visit and stroll relaxedly.

      Delete
  3. Such lovely statues in a beautiful garden, thanks for sharing. Sometimes a trip away off the grid is just what we need to rest and relax, I'm sure your time away will be soothing to the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job getting both step 1 pieces done! Love those statues... they are amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They truly are amazing. When you come visit me :) we'll go there.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous fabrics that you chose for Joy's QAL , Kim. I look forward to seeing your progress. The statues are amazing and so playful. What a wonderful place to visit. Have a very lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is a lovely place to visit and stroll peacefully through the gardens.

      Delete