Monday Musings & This N That & Kinda Quilt Show

 I'm still reading through a wonderful book (that's a little hard to get a copy of other than on Kindle) entitled Dancing With My Father by Sally Clarkson. It's encouragement and help to keep in step with our heavenly Father even while going through tough times where we can't yet see his hand or his leading particularly.

The chapter I'm on now focuses on how friendships (including family as friends) encourage us and how we can also be an encourgement to others through loving friendships. It's been good for this introvert to read.

Here's some wisdom gleaned this morning:

    We are created to be one of the venues in which the Spirit of God demonstrates the reality of his own unconditional love. Friendships and other close relationships provide opportunities for people to feel the love of God through words and touch, given by real people who are prompted by his Spirit.                                                                                       True, fulfilling love is based on the principle of laying down your life for your friend. Love that accepts the limitations of each friend, spouse, or child. Love that over comes petty irrititations and differences with the strength of God's gracious love. When marriage, parenting, and friendships follow this servant model oflove, itimacy will happen, support systems will be intace, and community will be formed. And the Jesus' promis will be fulfilled: our joy will be full.

It will be good for me to go through this book with two young moms soon to enable me to have further opportunity to put these friendship concepts into practice as well as to reread this good book. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

'Tis time for looking over last week's goals, seeing what got done, and what didn't, and setting new, perhaps more realistic, goals.

I didn't actually write a goals post last week, so can we say that I succeeded in everything I posted that I intended to do?! 😁 But I had hoped to work on my One Monthly Goal and I didn't hardly even look at it. 😑

But here's what did happen:

I finished the Autumn Jubilee wallhanging top. I plan to handquilt it, so it won't be competely done for a while.


I love how it turned out and can't wait to hang it on my dining room wall next fall.


(Right now I have this wallhanging, made years ago, hanging up. It will soon be replaced with our "Thanksgiving tree" quilt on which we pin the many things for which we're thankful this year. I'll show it to you when we get it up and going.)


I also finished the top of my squirrelly leaders/enders baby quilt. Or it could be a lap quilt for the elderly.


It's going to be a donation quilt. I'd experiement with quilting it on my regular machine, since I don't have a long-arm, but I don't have the right foot yet and I don't want it hanging around here till I get one. So I'll send it to one of the quilters listed at Jo's Country Junction with some backing fabric and probably some binding.


For handwork while watching the Dr. Blake Mysteries, I hauled out my partially handquilted Autumn Jubilee wallhanging from last year's fun and continued quilting.


I like to use cookie cutters as my template for quilting lines.




This Week's Goals

Crafts
Handwork - Continue quilting Autumn Jubilee 2021 

Machine work - Try again at the OMG diamond quilt

                        - Make fabric bookmarks as prizes for our church's children's ministry. Possibly make                                 some pencil and notebook holders, too.

                        - Start project for Music blog hop

Homemaking                                                                                                                        Outside (while the weather is remarkably conducive) - Build more raised beds

Inside - Declutter the counters

            - Continue to study "The Lazy Genius Kitchen" & prep to do complete overhaul in a week or                             two after daughter's family move into their remodeled house

    

That's all I'm planning for now because early on Friday my daughter and I are taking off to go to my mom's where I'll be helping her sort and declutter while daughter goes on to Cedarville University with a friend to visit her boyfriend.

I hope your plans and goals come to fruition.



No comments:

Post a Comment