Autumn Jubilee and Squirrel Project

 So, I was happily sewing along on my Autumn Jubilee project along with From My Carolina Home



when my squirrel-sidetracking nature noticed that I could easily use my leaders/enders to make a simple baby quilt top.

Off I ran in that direction, somewhat derailing the making of my Autumn Jubilee scrappy border for a time.



As I semi-focused (as much as a squirrel-sidetracker can) on the leaders/enders quilt, the scrappy border from the Autumn Jubilee quilt became the new leaders/enders. 😄

But Matthew says that's ok.






I got the baby quilt top done except for some borders which will be regular strips since there's already enough scrappiness in it. And I'm continuing to use the Autumn Jubilee quilt pieces as leaders/enders as I put said borders on. So, I should be comepletely done with both very soon.

I must, however, confess that I haven't even looked at my One Monthly Goal in over a week. Sigh. Well, I have a few more days till due date.

How are your sewing goals coming along?


9 comments:

  1. I love it when a bonus project results. <3 Thanks for linking with Sew & Tell

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not have gotten your borders on your Autumn quilt but in the end you will have two complete projects, a win win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite happy about it all, and did get the borders on now. :)

      Delete
  3. Ah the joy of leader enders taking over and becoming the main project. Just think how great it will be with two finishes in a short time span! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! The creative juices were flowing wildly. :)

      Delete
  4. Autumn Jubilee is pretty. and yep - those squirrels get you every time ha ha!! it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn Jubilee is lovely - perfect colors for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've really enjoyed the project and the fact that I didn't buy new fabric.

      Delete