New Month; New Goals

 'Tis the time to set monthly sewing goals and hope that now that the gardening season is over and we're settling in at home more I can actually meet said goals.

I have the same goal for both the Elm Street Quilts' One Monthly Goal and the American Patchwork & Quilting's UFO Challenge on Facebook. It's the jewel-tone and black Block of the Month that my oldest daughter pieced 8-10 years ago(?). I want to put it all together into a flimsy, maybe get it quilted as a Christmas gift for her if I'm not too late.


The blocks are a colorful variety of stars and, I sadly discovered, a variety of sizes as she was learning to be accurate with cutting and seam allowance. So it will present challenges that will be good for my spiritual growth, no doubt.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*
A non-sewing goal is to keep steadily at my indoor salad gardening now that the cold weather has set in. I had some of my salad shoots in my breakfast omelet this morning and was delighted to enjoy that flavor that I hadn't realized I'd missed over the summer.


And any lovely plant life is appreciated now that we're getting our first snow.


So, in this month where we're reminded to be thankful, I'm thankful for:

    ...a warm home out of the snow and cold,
    ...lovely flowers to enjoy indoors,
    ...fresh greens,
    ...good books, like "The Amazing Mrs. Pollifax" and "Sleep Smarter"
    ...a pot of English Breakfast tea,
    ...kitties all over the house to love on,
and so much more. God is good.

https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2021/10/november-one-monthly-goal.html


No comments:

Post a Comment