Living Up to My Blog Name

 


As I start this post, the female (the only one of four cats) is sitting on my lap, purring loudly. Her brother snoozes on my nearby bed. 


We do indeed have a purring cottage with four cats.



This one's kinda blurry, but you get to see how he helps with my latest sewing project. (His crazy name is Tyranny and his sister is Anarchy. Signs of the times.)



Said latest machine project is steadily happening - putting frames around these start blocks. I still need to get some fabric to make the lattice-work between blocks.



Right now, this project has had to be on hold for a few days because my daughter's homeschool choir uniforms have needed hemming and (sadly) I seem to be the only person who knows how to do such things, so I'm hemming up (and down) 12 dresses or trousers. Actually, I'm kind of happy to do it since I am not gifted in administration or even teaching so this is a way that I can contribute to the co-op a little more.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
For handwork, I've been having fun experimenting with bottle cap trivets. I may give some for Christmas gifts.

I discovered that using my small yo-yo maker is very helpful.



While the undersides don't look too bad, I think I will cut some felt to go under them and either hand-stitch or hot-glue it on the undersides (if I can cut it out accurately enough to basically not show).


*~*~*~*~*~*

Another recent joy has been getting to care for my granddaughter while her mommy was in the dentist office and then during the next day's blood testing appointment.


As you can see, we had fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment