Baby Shower, Goofy Dress, and Gardens

Caught in the act!

Like Caspian kitty, I have been caught in the act of not posting much of what's been keeping me so occupied. So here I go...

About a week ago my sister-in-law and I teamed up to host an ice cream sundae themed baby shower for my daughter whose baby is due in early August. My SIL did food and I did the games and decor.


Baby washcloths, socks, and spoons made up the centerpiece sundaes while fresh berries, nuts, and ice cream made up the edible sundaes.




And I got to gift my finished kitties in baskets baby quilt. The church ladies were so kind and generous and we're blessed.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I also had fun making myself a simple summer dress of llama fabric...because I'm goofy.




~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A visit from a long-time friend (notice I didn't say "old" friend) started with a delicious salad lunch and lots of talk.


Then we talked some more as we hit the road to explore Otis Pottery in East Jordan as well as sharing with her my annual pilgrimage to Stonehedge Gardens.




This place is such an inspiration to my meager gardening efforts.






She fell in love as I have and wants to come back with her daughter who also appreciates the beauty of gardens. They may come after granddaughter's birth so they can enjoy her, too.

Tomorrow I'll share about my travels with my sister to Amish country in Ohio.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment