Big Finish! - the Tree of Gondor Wedding Quilt

 








On March 23, just after we got word that our first lockdown would be imposed, our daughter's fiance was able to get off EMT duty for a few hours, long enough to change clothes and rush over to our house where we'd been frantically clearing space, decorating, and baking a cake in order to move their wedding up a few weeks. It was a beautiful and special home wedding which we live-streamed to other family members.

It's my tradition to make a quilt for my kids as they get married and this one was based on both their love of The Lord of Rings. I'm going to show you far too many pictures, both because I love this quilt and because I want you to be able to see the beautiful quilting that the long-arm quilter did despite her arthritis and other difficulties.



My daughter helped me enlarge a drawing to make the tree.

Definitely kitty-approved








Since the quilter had so many difficulties, it took a lot longer to finish than we'd hoped, but it was a joy to get it to the happy couple last week. 

Oh, and we're expecting a new grandbaby next August. Happiness!



I'm also linking up to Inspire Inspire Me Tuesday and Patchwork and Quilts

1 comment:

  1. Your Tree of Gondor is a beauty! I love the color combo too, and it was worth waiting for the quilting to be finished. Beautiful wedding gift.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete