2021 Quilting/Sewing Goals

Today I discovered this Planning Party for sharing your quilting/sewing plans/dreams for 2021 and since I've been making my plans to get some stuff done as well as have some fun, I'm joining the party.

Here's how I'm setting up my plans:



Quilting plans
    Participate in Pat Sloan's "Home Is..." weekly quiltalong.
    Complete a UFO every month. We'll see how that goes. (I hope to make a list, check it twice, and                 stick with it.)
    Make a baby quilt for my grandbaby expected in August.

Embroidery 
    Finish the "Book Girl and Boy" wallhangings that my daughter drew for me
    Join (and keep up with!) Jenny's Posies Block of the Month
    Make wallhanging of her Vintage Kitchen blocks.
    Use completed embroideries that are stacking up as gifts throughout the year.

Other sewing projects 
    Catch up on the mending. Ugh.
    Make a tiny tea cozy for my single serve French press with which I make my morning tea for one.
    Finish a dress I cut out for myself months ago.
    I'm sure I'll find other fun things to make to sidetrack me. I'm an ADHD crafter. 😁

I hope I'm not being too optimistic with my time, but at least I have some guidance. And before I can get at these projects, I have to finish the moving and organizing project I started last week. I wanted to move the sewing stuff out of my bedroom because it just felt too cluttered and crowded. So it's mostly all in the basement now, in a little U-shaped nook my daughter and I created. It's just in piles now that need to be sorted and organized and downsized. So that's project #1, to be done this week.



1 comment:

  1. I like your planning sheet, very neat. Enjoy your stitching time, and setting your new sewing studio!

    ReplyDelete