What I'm Making:
Well, I'll get the sad confession out of the way first: I didn't do the RSC block {catching up on May's orange assignment}that I had hoped to do. This week is a calmer week, so I hope to do some good catching up.
I do get to celebrate a finish - a dress I had cut out to make for myself several years ago and I finally got it done and got to wear it to church yesterday. 😊 I'm sure glad I finally did because sunflower season is rapidly drawing to a close.
I also made good progress on my handwork - a cross-stitch from Melisa's kindly shared freebies that has been waiting awhile to be finished. I just have some more snowflakes to add {with that fiddly shiny floss we used for Precious Moments wedding cross-stitches, you remember} and then I'll do a simple finish and have it ready for this winter. This is my Tigers-baseball-watching project.
And there's been a lot of garden love lately - tomatoes, beans, squashes all getting ripe and happy. I've also enjoyed the many flowers I've planted, some annuals, and some perennials. I'm convinced that having beautiful flowers throughout my veg gardens is a wonderful thing and needs to be done every year.
I think this butterfly agrees.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
What I'm Reading:
I'm really enjoying having more reading time {though I confess I'm not keeping up with my incessant book purchases or library loans}. But the Lady Hardcastle mysteries by T.E. Kinsey have been pleasantly entertaining as I lay in bed at night. The lady and her maid have a fun and more egalitarian relationship and they work together with different strengths and abilities to solve mysteries. Their back-story is somewhat vague and only gets revealed in bits and pieces, which is kind of fun and mysterious in itself. They deal with issues like women's rights being respected with humor and grace. There are funny moments as well as the serious ones. I'm just starting the third book of the series.
In my morning quiet time and study I'm gleaning much from Tim Keller's book Prayer. I'm copying a lot of quotes into my Commonplace book.
The same happened with Richard Foster's book
Freedom of Simplicity.
I'm also slowly making my way through Joel Salatin's collection of essays in Pitchfork Pulpit. Very thought-provoking stuff about our American food supply system, care of the land, etc. And to continue that line of thought, I have The Unsettling of America by the recently deceased Wendell Berry on order from a used book place. So, I have no end of good stuff to enjoy.
Goals for This Week:
Handwork
*Finish the cross-stitch completely
*Maybe start a new fabric multi-media book. I have some ideas {of course!}
*Maybe design and start an embroidery or cross-stitch of some quotes I like
Machine
*Finish a pen and highlighter holder for my Bible and study book. I've woven the strap and now it needs to be attached to some velcro so as to wrap around the book cover.
*See if I can turn the bottom half of a dress into a separate skirt.
*Catch up on RSC - at least 3 blocks, preferably 5
*Choose next WIP to finish up
Homemaking
*Keep up with preserving garden produce along with housework
*Finish artsy bathroom baseboard {big reveal when it's done 😁}
May your week be full of delight in the ordinary!
No comments:
Post a Comment