Reviving the Blog {& hopefully my quilting}

 It's just too drizzly rainy for my Monday morning walk with neighbors, so I'm looking at my rusty old blog reading list and getting inspired by the lovely eye candy and ideas.


Summer has been full of my Lovey's semi-retirement, travel, gardening, finishing projects, a small remodel, putting in new flooring in the upstairs, getting used to each other's ideas of what retirement should look like and we're starting to settle into a more regular routine...somewhat. 

Lately, the projects have been gardening and preserving garden produce...


...but evenings watching the Tigers play baseball has been conducive to learning the fun art of Inkle {band} weaving which I can do while the portable loom is propped up on a stool in front of my easy chair.


This strap went to replacing the shoulder straps on my daughter's sundress of the same colors.


This band went to replace fabric carry straps on my music bag with which I take choir/piano music to church.


I was so tickled when, without prompting, Lovey said it looked like piano keys. That was the intent.


I also got to take a two-day class {for free!} at a semi-local art foundation to make a glass mosaic and resined piece on a window frame.


With the four seasons theme, of course I had to quote from James Taylor's song...



The empty frames now serve as our scheduling boards.



As you can see in this last picture, I'm hosting "Housemoot" this week. The is a gathering {"moot"} of Christian artists as enabled and assisted by Andrew Peterson's Rabbit Room. We share a meal, watch a video made by the Rabbit Room folk, discuss it with a desire to affect our own community with good art of various genres for the glory of God. Then we do a little shared project. 


A friend and I hosted it last year, but did it over the course of a Friday and Saturday. This year we decided instead to spread it out throughout the autumn, meeting every two weeks in various homes till the available videos are done and then hopefully continue monthly after the holidays. We've had some good discussions and encouragement in the previous two "moots" and hope to again this Thursday.

As far as quilting, I haven't done much and I'm way behind on the RSC, but I did get some of my blocks done and turned into a baby quilt top.


Then I figured out how to basically make the same blocks, but not quite so scrappy thereby using bigger chunks of fabric stash and smaller chunks of time.


So that's how I intend to catch up on the RSC.


Week's Goals:
Since I'm going to be busy getting ready for Housemoot, I'll keep my crafting goals simple:

Quilting:  at least one RSC block, preferably two

Mosaic: finish baseboard piece for bathroom to cover old heat register area. Make china flowers, cottage, & path & maybe add something to the sky.


Th-th-that's all, folks! May your week be full of delightful productivity with no pressure. 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment