Week's Observations & Goals

 Well, being a little slow at catching up on some of the blogs I enjoy reading, I just now discovered that there is a White Rabbit Blog Hop going on. And, here I am out of it, though with a penchant for bunny decor. Sigh! So, I'll just post some pictures of my handsome and goofy live buck rabbit, Winston:



I'm going to enjoy seeing the various crafters' project throughout the week.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Thanks to an afternoon of concentrated sewing with a friend, I made some fairly good progress on my Sew Scrappy Spools blocks. I finished a little left on these Stamps blocks, and did start to finish on the Star and Stripes blocks.


It seems so much of the time is spent scrounging through scraps to find just the right piece, but I'm happy to be using the scraps.


And many of the pieces have happy memories attached to them.


My friend's Little Children of the World quilt top is finished and so she was able to piece together a backing of a world map and some hilariously colorful "hippy" fabric.

 I wish I'd taken a picture of the backing, but here's a shot of some of the leftover fabric she gave me. I may have to make something wild for my semi-hippy daughter.



I also finished the cross-stitching on a birthday gift which I won't show till that birthday is past, just in case. 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Much reading has happily occured (that's one good thing about a snowstorm) and I was able to finish this excellent book:

Her books are always so beautiful - words and artwork - and thought-provoking. Once again, I'm inspired to examine my own heart and motives and rest in Jesus to heal and renew me.

I also finished the audio versions of the Emily of New Moon series by L.M.Montgomery, the author of the Anne of Green Gables books and, though I have not read all the Anne books, I think I like Emily better. She's not quite so "out there" and inspires me to write more, even if just in my journal. A kindred spirit, indeed.




*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I also got around to treating my wooden cutting boards and utensils with a paste of 3 Tbsp coconut oil and 1 Tbsp beeswax melted together (I have a pan set aside for beeswax use so my cooking pans don't get coated). I got the recipe from Crowded Table Farm on Instagram. I think they look a lot healthier now and should last longer.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I wish I'd set up some kind of measure so we could see how much my potato plants have progressed, but here are last week's shot and today's picture so you can kind of see how they're doing. I'm really curious as to how the actual potatoes are doing, but am not going to mess with them yet. Still no grow lights.




This week's goals:

Reading: 
* Continue with Essentialism & taking notes
* Continue study of Galatians with John MacArthur's commentary
* Continue The Heart of the Family by Elizabeth Goudge
* Get side-tracked by all the other interesting-looking books around me 😁

Crafting:
* Sew Scrappy Spools - Triangles and Tulip blocks
* Mount cross-stitch to make easel-ready
* Start hand-quilting Christmas gift wall-hanging that I got pin-basted yesterday
* Put new zipper in DD#5's dress (I'm scared of ruining her dress, but will soldier on!)

Housekeeping:
* Thoroughly clean and organize the "play room"


Well, that ought to keep me well-occupied. I hope the rest of your week is delightful!





7 comments:

  1. It must be fun seeing the growth of the plants. It is a miracle how it all works.
    Great use of scraps. Yes, it does take time to pick and choose the right one for the right spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you've reminded me that I've not treated my wood cutting boards in some time. I've read most of the Anne of Green Gables but not the Emily series--not sure I even knew of it? Thanks for the recommendation! I'm on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them. I know Montgomery wrote some others, too, like The Story Girl and The Blue Castle and more. I hope to get at them soon. So many books, so little time, you know. :)

      Delete
  3. Winston is just too cute! You've been busy with a lot of fun sewing.. The Emily books are DD's favorite, even more than Anne for some reason! Hope you are having a good week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those potato plants really grew in a week! I'm loving the scrappy blocks! Thanks for sharing with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I agree! He provides a lot of entertainment while I'm feeding them all.

      Delete