Home Again! October OMG, & Week's Goals

 It is soooo good to be home again and to hope to be so for a few weeks at least. I have been making the six hour trip to Cleveland, staying 4-5 days, driving home for 3-5 days since mid-September and I'm ready to tuck in for the fall and winter. I'm sure I'll be going back again since my aunt's health is precarious and my 88-year-old mom struggles to handle it all. But for now, I'm going to enjoy northern Michigan's gorgeous autumn colors though they are nowhere near peak.



I also hope to remedy the fact that my sewing room and I have been like two ships that pass in the night. I've had fun with my cross-stitching and crocheting while traveling, but am ready to reacquaint myself with my sewing machine.

To that end, I'm actually setting my One Monthly Goal for this month as well as a few side goals. We'll see how that goes. My main goal is to catch up with the Sew Scrappy Spools quiltalong. I'm not even sure how much of it I have done, or how much I'm supposed to have done. 😑 So, I'll have to ascertain that a.s.a.p.



The secondary goal(s) is/are to finish the long overdue Christmas quiltalong flimsies from Joy. I had started a Christmas-themed one and a child-themed one.



Week's Goals - I have a lot of catching up to do...

Homestead:

* Finish harvesting; ripen any green tomatoes in the house; clean out garden beds

* Prune trees and bushes as able

* Build an ivy trellis?

* Hunt for more shelving and build more rabbit and quail cages

Homemaking:

* Get back into the groove of the housekeeping chores

* Make apple butter

* Start Fall cleaning - Make plan and do a little each day

Crafting:

* Play on OMG (Sew Scrappy Spools)

* Play on secondary OMGs (Joy's Christmas quiltalong)

* Play with Commonplace journal - decor, quotes, etc.

* Finish cross-stitch mugs and set up autumn one on coffee bar (Kate Stitcher Designs)


Letter-writing: (after listening to two Jane Austen books as I drove, I'm very letter-writing inspired)

* Write to Aunt P.

* Write to Deb S.

* Write to Deb B.


I hope your week is delightfully stuffed with beauty, accomplishment, and joy.



7 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals. I like the picture of your garden with the red bench.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The bench is the product of an aging metal bench and some Rustoleum spray paint. :)

      Delete
  2. May you check off all your goals this month. It looks like a whole lot of work with only a little playing. Hope you get enough play time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but some of the work is actually play for me. :)

      Delete
  3. I would like to do a quilt a long but just know I wouldn't keep up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand, as evidenced by my track record. I do prefer the once a month ones since they give more time to complete the block/assignment.

      Delete
  4. I hope you are able to stitch more in the coming weeks and get caught up. But at least you can do hand stitching and cross stitching while you travel.

    ReplyDelete