Organizing Seasonal Decor and New Quiltalong

 In continuing to follow in the inspiring footsteps (decor-steps?) of PinkernPunkinQuilting with seasonal/monthly decorating changes, I set up my storage system this past week. Below are the totes I got from Family Dollar and, since fabric needs to breathe, I drilled an air hole in each.



Then I labeled each by month (skipping December because I have larger totes for all the Christmas decor) and adding the season to four of them.


Then I began dividing up some of my decor, putting them into the appropriate tote, like this one for February.


Here's the final set-up though I still have some decor to dig out of other places and some of these totes are empty or nearly so. I'll have fun adding stuff to them...


...such as this lovely cross-stitch from PinkernPunkin.


I'm working on another of her patterns which definitely won't be ready for Independence Day, but will be enjoyed hopefully toward the end of July and then again next year.


I did a very simple stitched frame for this one so I could get it set up and enjoyed quickly and I like how it looks.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I also got in a few blocks of Everyday Embroidery with the quick (sometimes you just need to get some progress made) addition of the three bunny buttons...


...and the more involved embroidery celebrating our anniversary.


I think I'm going to try planning/drawing out a week's worth of spaces at a time to more easily keep myself going. Maybe on Sunday afternoons though I didn't get to it this Sunday. So, this week I'll try to get at it Monday afternoon, which is right now. 😁

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 Joy is hosting a Christmas in July Mystery Quiltalong and (silly me) I decided to join in even though I'm not going to be able to sew next week. I'll catch up, I'm sure. I decided, in fact, (more silly me) to make two of the quilts - one Christmas-themed, and one child-themed to donate. I'm really wanting to use up a lot of my stash that has been sitting for far too long.


*~*~*~*~*~*
So, that's what's happening in my neck of the woods. I hope you're enjoying getting to do some stitching, too. 

I'll leave you with this cute little fellow, chilling (if one can chill in summer heat) on some shelving that I was washing outside.




3 comments:

  1. Enjoy sewing the Christmas in July mystery quilt. I'll be watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah you just brightened my day! You have been staying very busy and how fun that you are organizing all of your pretties into totes for easy decorating . Your stitching is so beautiful. I am just over the moon and humbled. Thank you so much for the sweetest shout out and for making my day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to organize, Kim!! Thanks for sharing this with us at Monday Musings! Your cross stitching is lovely!

    ReplyDelete