Monday This N That; Thrifting Treasure

 Friday I had a jolly good time "yondering" by myself. I took a country road to a farm market/goodies store...




...and explored there for awhile, finding some chocolate-covered dried cherries, an iced cookie, and a cherry drink. It was a cute place, but not stuff I need/want.



So, on I went and came to a huge, overstocked antique store in which I saw this old Saturday Evening Post:


I had to send a picture of it to my daughter who, like me, sings right out in church and whose beautiful voice can be well-heard (as can mine, but not so beautifully). 😁

After wandering on down the small-town street and stopping into a few shops, including a soapmaking place, I drove over to a special art place where they offer workshops of various arts for FREE! When I got home, I signed up for one that involves glass-mosaic and resin art. I can't wait!



I also explored a thrift store and rescued this cross-stitched beauty:


I can't believe it was only $1.00!


I wish I could assure CLK that their hard work/play is being valued now.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Now to report my goal successes and not-so-successes...


Last week's goals (biting off more than I could chew, as usual):

In the kitchen/home:

* Bake chocolate banana bread with the bananas that are showing their age - Done

* Make an egg casserole and freeze - Ignored

* Continue decluttering bedroom - Progress in that I moved a dresser in and put some stuff in it

On the homestead:

* Prune what can be pruned - Not yet

* Start seeds indoors - cabbage, kale, & tomatoes - Today's the day

* Build one more raised bed while I have a helper and now that snow's melting - Done except for             plastic lining which I can do by myself and filling with sand and topsoil for which I need Lovey

* Do as much yard clean-up as possible - Did some pick-up of branches, etc.

* Continue researching how to build frugal quail cages (Square County Homestead on Youtube) - Got         a plan

* Help Lovey with garage retrofit - Did a lot of lumber moving to make space for workshop area

In the craft corner:

* Finish quilting Canning Jar quilt; do binding if able - Nope 

* Work on Journal Quilt - Also nope

* Catch up on mending (ugh) - Triple nope

* Turn crocheted rectangles into poncho - On a roll nope

* Get caught up on Spring Stamps Cross-stitch - Made huge progress


I made a boo-boo on the frame, but if you didn't have the pattern right in front of you, you'd never know. I'm a little surpised by how much I'm enjoying getting back into cross-stiching. Thanks to Pinker n Punkin Quilting's Spring Stitchalong for getting me going again.


This week's goals: Hopefully being more moderate and realistic

In the home:
* Dig out keto green menus and revise/update as necessary and prep for use
* Make a big pot of turkey soup; can any leftovers
* Bake sourdough for the last time in a while
* Continue bedroom clean-out
* Shampoo undersides of new/used couch cushions

On the homestead:
* Start indoor seeds
* Continue to help Lovey with garage/critter corner
* Continue researching indoor growing area for winter
* After snow melts, try sowing seeds in mini-hoophouse
* After snow melts, prune as able

Serving others:
* Write to MH
* Write to Aunt P
* Mend (Maybe if I list it here, I'll be more likely to do it. heh)

Crafts:
* Spring Stamps Cross-stitch - Do Stamps 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (Whew! Guess I'll need a good                 audiobook or Youtube homesteading videos as well as evening Hercule Poiroit)
* Hand-quilt labels onto Canning Jars quilt
* Put together 4-5 columns on Journal quilt
* Attend seminar at library on Using Nature to Tie-Dye - Wed evening
* Craft workshop 1:00-4:00 Thursday (Oh, boy!)

Reading:
* Inspiration - This Too Shall Last by K.J. Ramsey
                    - The Inner Voice of Love - Henri Nouwen
* Study - Donna Schenk books particularly on kefir
* Fun - Little Men by Louisa May Alcott
          - A Country Year by Sue Hubbell 

Still a very full- looking week, so I'll get off here now and go get at it. Hope your week goes well. 😊

9 comments:

  1. The kind of trip I like to take. Found you on Days Filled with Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Days Filled with Joy's spring stitch-along looks fun. I may try to add that into my stitch time later - too much going right now. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh what a lovely outing, Kim and finding the gorgeous cross stitch to boot. I know you was doing the happy dance. I look forward to hearing more about the workshop that you signed up for. It sounds like a lot of fun. I am so excited to see your progress on the Spring Stamps. Thank you so much for stitching along with me. Your stitching is so gorgeous. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely was doing the happy dance! And I almost break out in it again every time I look at it hanging from a dresser drawer.

      Delete
  3. What a fun trip, Kim!! I definitely would have loved taking that one! And how fun you found a free art class. Looking forward to seeing what you make there! Great find in that cross stitch rescue! I'm really enjoying getting back into cross stitch while I wait in car line to pick up the boys for my daughter. Have fun with your goals this week. Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited, both about my cross-stitch rescue and about that upcoming class. Cross-stitch is so handy to just haul along with you and use spare moments to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, lucky you on that cross stitch piece! A dollar (and all that work)!! I bought some cross stitched vegetable pieces in frames many years ago and turned them into a quilt that my sister enjoys on her wall to this day. You never know what treasures will show up at the thrifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you rescued that beautiful cross stitch. ❤️ Thanks for stopping by my blog. I tried to respond to your comment but it came up as

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your road trip photos and adventure! Wish I could have come with you!! How lovely that you rescued that cute cross stitch wallhanging... your goals are inspiring - hope you had a great week and thanks for joining in on Monday This and That! xx

    ReplyDelete