The Squirrel Chasing is Happening Again!

 I just can't help myself. Is there a Squirrel Chasers Anonymous? I need to join.

As I was talking with my married daughter who now owns the advent activity calendar that we used for many years of her youth, we got inspired to do a quick set-up for her nephew and daughter to be able to enjoy some activities, treats, and a simple scavenger hunt over the month of Decmber, at least till Christmas Eve.


In previous years, I'd put slips of paper in the plastic canvas ornaments which told of a different activity to do each day, ie. bake cookies, go to piano recital, go caroling, put lights on tree, set up a different child's nativity, put ornaments on tree, etc. 

Since much of other grandma's house is already decorated, we decided to make little bags into which we've put a different treat (only sugar-free candies, tiny cars, stickers, a little notebook, etc.). The slips of paper which Daughter S. will put into the ornaments will hold either a direct activity for the day or a savenger hunt clue to on of the bags. Her nephew is over at Grandma's house nearly daily since he lives just across the field. And she will be moving into that house in a week or so to help care for Grandma and have a larger house in the end. So she's over there nearly daily and can set things up for him (and her 16mo daughter who will have fun following cousin around, but probably not really know what's going on). 😄

So, I'm sidetracked into making simple drawstring bags and little envelopes for stickers now.






I did get Daughter H's twin sized quilt to the long-armer and am excited to see it done. I hope to have her room and antique bed all set up nicely when she gets back from serving in Ukraine in a little over a week.





No comments:

Post a Comment