Wonderful World of Color Blog Hop (Tea Cozy)

 For many years now I've stated that the things that make the world go 'round are color and harmony. And I mean the many facets of both those words. I love to wear colorful clothes, even in the white of winter when traditionally you're supposed to wear dark clothes. And I love to sing harmony, particularly alto or tenor, especially when making up a trio. And I love it when people get along in peaceful harmonious living.

So I'm tickled pink to participate in this blog hop about color.


The last hop I was in was all about winter and I made myself a little bottle cap trivet for my little teapot which helps me stay warm in the winter. Well, this time I made something to keep the teapot warm - a small cozy. Not only is it colorful, but it features the artwork of one of my favorite authors, Beatrix Potter.

I actually already had the fabric and batting cut out since I'd wanted to make a regular sized cozy some time ago. So I just trimmed it down to a size that would fit this little pot better.


I had 2 sets of my "sandwich" of outer fabric, batting, and inner lining fabric all the same size.


Then with my disappearing ink pen I drew some cross-hatching lines 1" apart on both sandwiches, machine-quilted along those lines, and then sewed the two quilted shapes together, wrong sides together.


I had thought I might use bias tape or make some from matching fabric instead of hemming along the bottom edge, but decided to use a zigzag stitch to hem it and then covered that with wide ric-rac.


Quite a few years ago my daughters and I experimented with making glass beads using a gas torch. I found one of those beads and used it as a handle and decoration.





Simple, but just what I need and want (and it took care of a UFO). Now to fill the pot with this excellent tisane:




I hope you have a wonderful, colorful, harmonious day! Visiting these other participants should help with that.



55 comments:

  1. I'm sure your will enjoy your tea even more when this sweet tea cosy is keeping things hot. It is sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful teapot cozy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Beatrix Potter's little books and characters and it is a perfect fabric choice for a tea cozy. Oh my that sweet tea tin too! Enjoy sipping your tea as you hop along this blog hop to visit other participants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simpson and Vail are a favorite tea supplier and they have a collection of literature-based teas that are so tasty.

      Delete
  4. A useful and lovely tea cosy! I love the glass bead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim I love your Beatrice Potter cozy. The glass bead is a beautiful top on it too. That can of tea is just darling. I want a whole set of them to store my sewing supplies in now! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simpson and Vail sells a whole collection of literature-based teas whose tins are truly cute and worth keeping, not to mention the tasty tea inside each.

      Delete
  6. You have made a sweet tea cozy with the Beatrix Potter fabric! The touches of dark blue with the rick rack and the bead are perfect additions. Thanks for sharing this, and enjoy many cups of tea in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will feel utterly spoiled as I sip my tea. ;)

      Delete
  7. I love your tea cozy in the Beatrix Potter fabric! So sweet...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tea cozy, and the tea looks wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That tea is a evening favorite.

      Delete
  9. Love your tea cozy and the special bead you had that was just perfect. Thanks for sharing on this fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Beatrix Potter tea cozy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 'Most everything Beatrix Potter-themed is cute. :)

      Delete
  11. Super cute embellishments for your tea cozy! Using that glass bead for the handle made it all the more special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The fun of both projects spices my tea nicely.

      Delete
  12. Lovely tea cozy. I enjoy cups of tea, but just use a microwave for individual cups. Your special tea blend is not one I have seen. Beatrix Potter is such a sweet theme for fabrics and of course, the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simpson and Vail teas are a favorite here, especially their literature-based collection which I believe they have in bags as well as looseleaf.

      Delete
  13. This is a fun tea cosy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A pretty cozy, full of soft color, another UFO off the list, and your favorite tea. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great use of the bead from a past project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to find it and put it to good use.

      Delete
  16. Beatrix Potter seems like the perfect fabric for a tea cozy. And a tea cozy seems like the perfect project for today since I woke up to the ground being covered in snow. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we were blessed with more snow, too. So, I went to the comfort of a good pot of tea.

      Delete
  17. So cute and I love the bead handle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The glass beads are awesome, as is the tea cozy. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to find a nice use for the bead.

      Delete
  19. I love your tea pot cozy and the fabric choice is a perfect match for your tea. I tried working with glass at one time in my crafting past but never thought to make anything to attach to something else. Your piece of glass is perfect for this cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm rather tickled with it myself (humbly, of course).

      Delete
  20. Replies
    1. Yeah, I love all things Beatrix Potter related.

      Delete
  21. Pretty tea cozy for your pot, and the glass button on top if lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like the combination, too.

      Delete
  22. Such a pretty and sweet tea cozy, Kim. And I LOVE the glass bead! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I'm now inspired to use more of the forgotten beads.

      Delete
  23. Your cozy is adorable. The fabric goes so well with the teapot. You are colorfully creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You really can't go wrong with Beatrix Potter. :)

      Delete
  24. It's a lovely tea cosy with such cute fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Beatrix Potter stuff is so cute.

      Delete
  25. Such a cute cozy! Love that fabric and the glass bead is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. After hanging on to the fabric for a long time, I've finally found the perfect use for it.

      Delete
  26. Kim this little tea cosy is so cute! Love the glass bead handle. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete