Monday This n That on Tuesday & Charity Quilts

Again, since co-op is on Monday, and we had to be gone more time than usual because we had to buy the perfect Spring Formal dress, my goals start on Tuesday this week.

Last week's homemaking goals went as follows:

    Typing recipes - not accomplished at all sadly
    Baking sourdough - went beautifully
    Started saukraut; tasting now and then to see how it's doing
            

    Got indoor gardening going again since it's too long till I can garden outside.
    Nephew's cat survived and even got some lovin'.
    Other than using stuff from pantry, nothing improved there. (Sigh)

In yardening, I learned that I have to wait awhile yet to even start seeds indoors. I haven't rethought the     gardening/berry patch plan yet either. I feel like I need to "walk the land" first so I can have a better         feel for where things should be while leaving enough room for the massive piles of plowed snow we     get every winter.

In crafting/sewing  I did much better:
    Scrappy leader/ender was finished as my March OMG and mailed to charity for quilting and                 donating
    

        I chose my April OMG - finishing the top of "Home is..." quilt.


        I also found and modified a baby quilt top that one of my daughters had made when she was quite                 young and sent it along with my other donation quilt.




     I caught up on the mending projects, but not on the Everyday Embroidery though I did do some of it.

    And the knit slippers have actually gotten a lot of time since the embroidery wasn't ready for much         progress.


Self-education reading  and Fun reading have both gone very well.


So, this week my goals are:

Homemaking:

* Clean and organize pantry shelves

* Type 4 recipes/day for 3 days (making it more real, but INSISTANT!)

* Deal with old homeschooling papers, etc.

* Rethink and be consistent on daily/weekly chores

Yardening:

* Start yard & garden clean-up

* Clean out sheds, if snow piles allow

* Late in week, start some seeds indoors

Sewing/Crafting:

* Finish all of March's embroideries for Everyday Embroidery

* Draw April's lines on Everyday Embroidery

* Work at catching up for April on E.E.

* Make three blocks of "Home Is..."

* Start cutting 5" squares for "Oh, My Stars"

Ministry:

* Write a letter to A.P.

* Be available to help DD1 get ready to go to Poland; pray a lot

* Pray diligently, especially about mentoring B as requested

***********

It also looks as though I need to spend some time re-doing my blog template because it's weirding out. I just don't have time right now.

4 comments:

  1. Love all your sewing progress! Hope this week has been productive as well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I'm not doing so well on getting in some sewing time, but I've been doing a lot of studying about seed-saving and planning to expand my gardening.

      Delete
  2. So many nice quilts and projects. The friendship star one is really nice, especially since one of your daughters started it years ago.

    ReplyDelete