Monday This and That While Baking Muffins

 While the long-awaited apple muffins are in the oven, I'll try to set my goals for this week. And since our host for this link-up is late at posting hers this time, I don't have to feel so guilty. 😁

I do have to feel rather guilty for not accomplishing many of my goals last week, but I have two rather legitimate excuses. 

1) I spent much more time driving hither, thither, and yon than anticipated, so not much time to do home stuff, and 

2) I'm discovering, after assessing several weeks' worth of goals, that my eyes are bigger than my stomach, figuratively speaking. I have delusions about getting more done than I think I will.

So, given those points and the fact that I'm not posting till Tuesday afternoon, I'm going to follow the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid) this week and maybe learn my lesson.


In the kitchen last week I did pretty well though work on the recipe notebooks didn't happen because my laptop (ancient enough to have the name Cleopatra) is no longer speaking to my printer (maybe I should name it Marc Antony? or Julius?). I have to figure that out before proceeding.

In yardening  I have figured out how I'm going to rearranged berry bushes and fruit trees so they get more sun. Since we're supposed to have below freezing temps again this weekend, I'll not proceed yet.

In crafting/sewing I finished one of the three blocks I intended to do:


I think this is a fun block and may have to do a whole quilt of these...someday.

So, this week's more realistic goals are:

Homemaking 
* Clean & organize pantry areas
* Figure out computer/printer communication difficulties (maybe call in a marriage counsellor?) so I can get recipe notebooks progressing
* Continue dehydrating or otherwise using the apples that were on sale, maybe apple butter?
* Put in window screens (Halleluyah!)
* Help with mudding and taping the new drywall

Yardening 
* Start seeds indoors
* Clean out and organize garden shed, weather permitting

Crafting/sewing
* Make at least 2 more blocks of "Home is...," preferably 5 more.
* Spend at least 4 hours on Everyday Embroidery, besides during evening TV watching (currently the show "Endeavor")

Ministry
* Have B and children over Thursday afternoon for tea, cookies, and getting acquainted
* Finally get around to writing to AP

Inspiration
"For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign Lord will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations." Isaiah 61:11

Well, I hope that's more realistic and do-able. Now I've got to run off to the dentist with my daughter. We both have cleanings.

Have a great time working on your goals!

2 comments:

  1. Well wasn’t it good that I was late 😝Dont feel guilty about not getting everything done last week, I didn’t either… I am finding it good to list even if it doesn’t get done. Once your marriage counselor fixes things, I hope you’ll share your recipe notebooks progress with us! xx

    ReplyDelete