Everyday Embroidery Progress and March OMG

 February's portion of my Everyday Embroidery is done (only 4 days behind the planned schedule). But onward, forward!



The birdhouse came from Meg Hawkey's February sewalong.

The Hebrew lettering in the upper left corner is the word "hesed" which can be translated as "lovingkindness" or "steadfast love" or even "brotherly love." It's found in Psalm 136:1, "Give thanks to the Lord for his steadfast love endures forever."

You might recognize some more Jennifer Reynolds patterns in there, like the "Quiet Life" one as well as the monthly Books and Roses.


I changed the book a little from what she'd drawn. I'm sure she'd be fine with this choice. (Sorry it's sideways.)

The winter tree was drawn by my daughter since I'm not so great at drawing.

I discovered that I'd left off some lines in the little village scene which I'll remedy very soon. I also hope to draw on the lines for March's grid this afternoon so I can get caught up.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Other projects have included making a lot of progress on a scrappy leaders/enders quilt that has been sitting around for too long. I hope to donate it to someplace that will take flimsies since I don't have a longarm. I don't have time or space to learn to quilt on my regular machine, though that is in the dreams for the future. 

Finishing this flimsy will be my March One Monthly Goal. I want it to be about twin size.


(Charlie is willing to pose for pictures as long as I don't interrupt his beauty sleep too much.)

And last night I finished taking apart the wallhanging I'd made using Jennifer's vintage kitchen embroideries. I hadn't cared for the layout. So I'll be redoing that. 


So, even though the outside gardening can't happen yet, there's a lot of fun stuff to do.





6 comments:

  1. Your embroidery project is really cool. Are you stitching something for each day of the year? Your March goal flimsy is pretty, too. Have fun finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embroidery project is amazing!!! and the leader ender... its looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of the Everyday Embroidery! Seems like a perfect way to capture life's sweetest moments. Your charity quilt seems almost done so I think you'll meet your March goal for sure! What sweet little kitchen embroideries! Can't wait to see the finished wall hanging. Do you have an idea for what layout you will use? Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I don't have much free wall space in or near my kitchen, I'm thinking about either a long skinny wallhanging of single-block width to hang on the side of my china cabinet, or individual blocks strung like a banner in front of dish shelves. Not sure which I'll go with.

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful embroidery!

    ReplyDelete