Progress and Adventures

For some unexplainable reason I haven't felt overly motivated to sew lately. I've fallen behind in Pat Sloan's "Home Is..." sewalong though I've printed out the weekly block instructions. Hopefully I'll get motiveated soon to catch up. I've made some progress on my "Book Girl" embroidery and have enjoyed the relaxation of that even though I had to redo some of the tracing yesterday.


I've also made lots of progress on my scrappy leftover yarn shell crochet afghan. I might even call this done, or I might add more to it. I like its randomness and I can easily work on it while watching TV in the evening with my Lovey.



One reason why I've not been sewing much is a recent adventure to mid-Indiana to celebrate my uncle's well-lived life and to bid him good-bye till we meet again with the Lord. The area around Rockville and Montezuma (just north of Terre Haute) is where my dad's family is from and where we lived when I was in 10th grade. It's a pretty area and it was fun to drive the backroads again and to try to find familiar landmarks I hadn't see in several years. It was especially delightful to reconnect with family I hadn't seen in a long while. 

I took along my 16yo daughter and we had a great time hiking through Turkey Run State Park with my cousin, her daughter, and grand-daughter.






It was beautiful and awe-inspiring! I'm so thankful we got to do that.

When we got home to northern Michigan, the snow had melted (which is a delightful sight to me!), but just a few days later, it looks like this:

That's spring in northern Michigan. So, maybe I'll get to my sewing since I yardening is not an option.







 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for your loss... so good to know you will see him again though. That's a cute embroidery and your crochet is looking great. Please send me some snow! xx

    ReplyDelete