Quarantine Quilt - Better Late Than Never

I came late to the party, but when I saw what Superscrappy and others are doing, I decided to catch up on making a quarantine "journal" quilt. I'm using scraps and fabrics I already had.

Not sure why there is a halo effect on my pictures today, but there it is.



I chose some fabrics to represent some of the things we've been doing to keep ourselves occupied. I still need to embroider a "title" block in the upper left corner of the quilt, but you'll notice that the Home Wedding block (see this post for the story) which happened the evening before our state's lockdown started is done.


The tree blocks represent going hiking on one of Northern Michigan's beautiful trails, or in our own family woods.



Of course we were able to remember the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and are very thankful that He walks with us through this "valley of the shadow of death."


He is alive! And Princess daughter and I got to go to church, keeping six feet away from the few other necessary participants to sing a solo and play piano for Resurrection morning worship. It was such a blessing to see a tiny handful of our church family.


Since I started writing this post yesterday morning, I was all caught up. Today I plan to make two blocks to get re-caught-up.

How about you? Are you making some kind of quarantine project?

2 comments:

  1. I'm still in the thought process. It seems a good idea to make a quarantine memory quilt, but I don't have an idea yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good way to keep some memories of this time, as I'm sure we'll all forget the things we did to keep ourselves occupied and out of trouble.

    ReplyDelete