Masking

I haven't rushed onto the mask-making bandwagon yet because I wanted to do some research as to whether homemade masks are actually doing any good. So I sewed a few experimental ones, read a lot by a lot of different people, and decided that I'd go ahead and do the best I can with what I have to keep my own breath/saliva off other people and maybe at least make them feel a little more secure. And a friend asked me to make some for her and her husband.

Here's what I've come up with so far:





This particular design, which I simplified a little, has a pocket inside for a filter. Not knowing exactly what to use for a filter (I don't like the idea of vacuum cleaner bags with their fiberglass being so close to our faces, and so many other materials aren't very breathable, and I don't know who to believe about what...) I just opted for doubled-over flannel pieces cut to fit inside the pocket.

So, nowadays we accessorize with face masks. 😄


*~*~*~*~*~*
One Monthly Goal
I've not had a good history of completing my monthly goals, but now that my daughter's wedding is done (We pulled a home wedding together in less than four hours so they could be a household before the stay-at-home order came at midnight on March 23. It was beautiful; more on that in next post.), I hope to have more sewing time. But, of course, yardwork will start before too much longer. 

In any case, I hope to get a few things done during the month of April. Here they are:

I hope to finish both the October and November embroideries from Jenny. Yes, I know I'm way behind; that's why I'm trying to get two months done.


Several years ago, when I didn't have a dishwasher, I embroidered a week's worth of dish towels. Now I don't really need them, but can't just toss them, or even donate them, so I want to make a wall-hanging or something like that with them. They are a little stained, so I'll have to figure out how to "purty" them up first.


I'm going to leave you with a plug for a favorite tea and hope you get to enjoy some as you relax with your sewing. We have come to love the Simpson and Vail Literary Teas. This one is the William Shakespeare blend, but there are lots of others including Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Beatrix Potter, and the overly flowery Emily Dickenson. I encourage you to order some and enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Happy stitching! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete