Oh, my, the busyness since I last posted! Or have even been blog-hopping. And now I'm sure everybody's talking about the coronnavirus shut-downs, but I'm just going to carry on with showing that I've not been idle, though not blogging.

I finished the quilt top for my daughter who got married in September, got it quilted, and mostly bound today, but ran out of the right color of thread, so complete finish will have to wait. (But at least I'm getting it done before her first anniversary. Yay me!)


Much work and preparation has gone into getting another daughter's wedding ready including some altering of her dress (with help from kitties, of course).


Then yesterday, less than three weeks from wedding date, our governor mandated that public gatherings be no more than 50 people. So we have to contact a lot of people to uninvite them and make the guest list just family and a few close friends. Sigh. 
Hopefully we'll get to do a bigger reception later.


Another recent project has been doing quite well - my indoor salad gardening.


Had fun making some markers from polymer clay. 



I also dove back into something I hadn't done in quite a few years - made soap. This is "Bastille Soap," like Castille only with coconut oil, that is strawberry scented. It's now drying/curing and will be useable in about two weeks.


I still haven't finished my Michigan wallhanging because I want to rip out the connecting seams and put in black strips between blocks. I hope to do the ripping out this evening while watching Netflix.






We had a lovely shower for the upcoming wedding despite not having a huge attendance. I'm thankful for those ladies who were brave and generous. 


This is only part of the group.


And of course, we continue doing what many are getting to experience for the first time - homeschooling. I'm thankful to have had that already in place. 

I'm also thankful to be able to video chat with my kids and grandkids who are far away and to be able to trust God in all the uncertainty. Sometimes it's a challenge, but our pastor's sermon on Psalm 46 through livestream last Sunday sure was an encouragement. 

Check out that Psalm and hopefully be encouraged.



No comments:

Post a Comment