April's One Monthly Goal Finishes

My April OMGs were to use previously embroidered dish towels in some way after having soaked them in bleach water to get the stains out.


Since they were days of the week embroideris, and I'm trying to be more of a menu-maker rather than flying by the seat of my pants, I decided to turn them into a wallhanging menu board. The cards a daily menus, currently following the Trim Healthy Mama plan. The yellow one is Sunday since I plan our meals around worship service (even if we're doing it online) and our small group Bible study (also online). So I use the crockpot or simple but nicer meals for our mid-day meal.











The other project was to finish the October and November embroideries for A Year in the Garden by Jenny Reynolds. I finished October and got a good start on November, but didn't complete it.


While I didn't get done all that I had hoped to do, I am happy with what I did do and can now get caught up on my Quarantine Quilt. I haven't been doing blocks daily because I like to use a string of house-making as each other's Leaders/Enders. So I make several at a time, not getting ahead because I make some of them out of fabrics that represent some of the activities we've been doing during this time. 


OMG has been a good motivator and I intend to plan my next month's projects this afternoon.


4 comments:

  1. I love your idea of upcycling your tea towels! I'm amazed that the embroidery floss didn't bleach out! I'm embroidering some tea towels of my own - thank you for the upcycle idea! Your menu planner is so cute and useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you upcycled the towels! I have some old stained lovelies that need to find a new use ... you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really great idea on how to lay out these blocks!

    ReplyDelete