More Summer Projects

I love dishes, so my newest endeavor is both enjoyable and horrifying. I get to find lovely dishes at thrift stores, etc., but then I have to break them. Sigh. Can't win 'em all.

Using an old satellite dish, I'm creating a mosaic scene of a river wandering through a hilly, grassy, sunny landscape. Since I'm definitely a newbie, I'm trying to keep it pretty simple.


I'm using E6000 to glue the pieces in place and discovered that the pieces will still slide a little after you've glued them down, especially if your surface is not level. So I propped up my sat. dish so that part of it would be on the semi-level and only glued onto that part. After it all dries, then I'll reposition and go on.


I'm glad I've been working out in the garage for several reasons. 
1) The floor is hard cement, not carpeted, and with the thickness of the dishes that I've been breaking, I need a really hard surface on which to hammer them.
2) The floor is hard cement, not carpeted, and bits of the dish do fly out of my box in which I'm trying to keep it all contained. I wouldn't want that in my craft room carpet.


I'm keeping my leftovers in salad boxes for the next project.


This is as far as I got before I had to quit because of the slippage. Also, I need to find some green dishes soon. But I'll be away from home next week, so won't progress much on this. Guess I'll have to get in some play time on it before I leave. 😊









1 comment: