ADHD Goal-setting

 No, I've never been diagnosed with ADHD, but it certainly applies to my projects. So, I'm just gonna go with it!

So, yesterday I dropped all other projects, kept body and soul together for me, Lovey, and the animals, and focused on doing some mosaic in the "Hobbit Hole," the egress area we built in 2020. I had hoped to do a bunch over the summer, but was nearly constantly busy with other stuff. When God gave us these two days in row of unseasonally warm weather, I decided it was time to mosaic some more.



I had previously used E6000 glue to attach the plastic letter blocks from an old Upwords game to some tiles to form the small words and then I used cut tiles and a broken Polish pottery plate to form the larger words. It's all still messy, but couldn't be cleaned up till the tiles were more firmly attached to the wall.


I was also able to make some flowers and other garden-related stuff including adding the water drops from the watering can.





It was such a delight to make progress on this neglected project. I hope to do more today.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I also finished the three pumpkins I'd been crocheting {pattern from BrianaKDesigns}. After I had started another set and then discovered that I wouldn't be able to sell them at the craft show because someone else in our shared booth is doing pumpkins, I decided to gift the first set to my friend who's coming to visit tomorrow. I can't wait! 😊


More finishes {see I can finish some things even though I wander off to others}...

...the second quail egg holder,


the fodder-growing system is back up and running for the winter,


Spiced Peach Jam and Cinnamon Jelly are made for the craft show,



and indoor gardening of shoots is started back up.


 So, since I'm gonna let myself lean in to my ADHD project plan {or lack thereof}, I'm not going to set a bunch of goals for the week. Just these...

* Make more mosaic flowers & figure out how to add an old partially broken glass mosaic to the mix. Clean up mortar messes.

* Make apple butter and blueberry jams for craft show

* Work on Scrappy Spools while Tricia is here for a sewing day. Maybe bind the Autumn Jubilee finally.

* Continue crocheting more pumpkins for myself during the evenings and when Lovey gets to monologuing. 😉 

* Read "The Fellowship of the Ring" by JRR Tolkein

* Enjoy autumn!

May your goals be met, but not to the exclusion of a sidetrack or two. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment