Finished Cross-stitch and Show & Tell

 I finished my cross-stitch that I hope will help me renew my mind and heart and I am so happy with how it turned out!



I hung it in my book/decor shelves in the living room which I'm filling with seasonal decor as inspired by Pinker 'n Punkin's decorative hutch.


I don't have a lot of July decor yet, but my sense of urgency about life has ebbed away and I'm in a much more "go with the flow" kind of attitude about the unimportant. So, I'll just stitch and collect and the fun will grow.


I am please with my summery tiles that I got to paint, use cut glass on, and pour resin over at a nearby art-share place.


They were supposed to have been done on canvas, but I wanted to incorporate them into a large mosaic around a bathroom mirror, so I did mine on 12 inch tiles.


Well, it turns out they're too big for the proposed mosaic, so I'm temporarily (possibly permanently) enjoying them in the living room. I might try doing some future classes with smaller tiles and see if I can actually pull off my big mosaic plan.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Another new thing to try is White Currant Jelly. I had some leftover from starting a batch of cranberry currant wine (for Thanksgiving), so I thought I'd give it a go. It turned out tasty and pretty.


The wine will continue to ferment in the "carboy" (complete with cute light-dimming "carboy cozy") for a few more weeks before we bottle it.



*~*~*~*~*~*
Progress continues on our "Critter Corner" where we plan to raise meat rabbits and quails for meat and eggs. And, of course, both will provide manure for the gardens. Win, win, win! This is just a corner of our large garage which will make animal care a lot easier in the winter when we have two feet or more of snow outside. We plan to keep it heated a little above freezing so the water and babies won't freeze. Since Lovey had the weekend off, only worked about a half day on Monday, and had Independence Day off, we made lots of progress (all the while giving thanks for the freedom to do such things).




*~*~*~*~*~*

I got the July quilt up. It's not particularly thematic; it's just another of the collection of wallhangings that I cycle through for variety. It's my quarantine quilt from 2020.



I wasn't sure when to end it, so I chose to go with when in-persons church opened back up.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The gardens are doing well, though I've had to use the sprinklers a lot because rain has not been forthcoming. We did get some last night (after I'd spent most of the day watering everywhere; kinda like washing your car so rain will come), but it wasn't a long soaking rain.








*~*~*~*~*~*
I've been enjoying handwork a lot lately, more than being at the sewing machine, so I'm getting some old projects finished, or at least back in the works. My TV watching embroidery is this pillowcase that I inherited from my aunt which I'm making up for my youngest daughter.



I also hope to get back to my long-neglected Everyday Embroidery (so much for every day!). 





I have another goooooood book about which to tell you, but this post has been long enough, so I'll save it for later.

I hope you are living steeped in the love of Jesus!



2 comments:

  1. Your cross stitch is lovely! Thank you for sharing such a precious project! Very cute dec or – love that Grandmother’s Garden! Yes, “going with the flow” has value. Your summery tiles are so pretty…I love the 3D effect on them as well as your cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kim! You have some many fantastic projects in the works! I LOVE your cross stitch finish! It is beautiful and such a wonderful sentiment! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete