May's One Monthly Goal - Granddaughter's Baby Quilt

 Since we are excitedly expecting the birth of our first granddaughter (we have three grandsons) in August, my goal for this month is to complete the flimsy of a baby quilt for her. The longarm quilting thereof will be dependent on my longarmer since I don't have one.




My plan is to make eight of these (scrappy) kitty in a basket blocks and arrange them in a square with each block situated so there is no particular top or bottom to the quilt. The middle (ninth) block will be the traditional Puss in the Corner block (which I feel like I should rename because of less polite connotations). So I'll call it Kitty in the Corner.



*~*~*~*~*~*
Something else I hope to do, hopefully this week is to make myself a simple summer dress out of this fun fabric:

Doesn't it just make you smile?!

With the scraps I plan to make some cosmetic/doodad bags for a grand-niece who collects llama stuff.

I also have to do some rearranging of my sewing nook because we're doing some remodeling/finishing of our basement and might need my sewing area as storage and work area. So life will be interesting for a few months since my husband only has Saturdays on which to do all the planned project(s).








No comments:

Post a Comment