"Home Is..." Block 3 Completed

 I am really having fun with Pat Sloans "Home Is..." quiltalong. More than I thought I would. This week she asked us to think about some of our favorite TV shows as a kid and that we're enjoying now. Since I grew up in a more remote area of the Philippines in the 60's and 70's, we didn't have reliable electricity so didn't have a TV. In fact, when we first moved to that area, we were fortunate to have electricity for a few hours a day in order to pump water up to the water tank my dad built. Then we'd have gravity-fed water throughout the day. So I don't have favorite shows from my childhood though we watched some cartoons when we were in the US for a year.

Nowadays, we've been watching the new MacGyver because that's one show our 16yo daughter will join us for. We also enjoy Eureka and Leverage (yeah, I know I'm a little behind the times.) As I raised my children, we didn't watch TV, only select movies on Friday night. It was more of an event and family time for us. Mostly we read together in the evenings. I loved it and miss those times.

Here's my Block 3 completed...


...as this was happening outside. (It doesn't show too much in the picture, but we're getting a pretty steady snowfall.)



And a couple of days ago, The Wack Job kitty was fascinated by the tow truck that came to pull out a pickup that had rolled on its side across the road. The driver was fine and the pickup was even able to drive away after being uprighted.


Never a dull moment!




1 comment: