One of the projects I'm working on (but not too much because it's still too hot to have a quilt on my lap) is a quilt that my aunt embroidered and my grandmother hand-quilted during my college years (that was about 40 years ago, but don't tell). 



My aunt has made good use of the quilt these 40 years, and it shows. So she asked me some time ago to see if I could fix it for her.

This past week I got a start on it by sewing and pinning a piece of white cloth over the worn area and I plan to handquilt that on when it gets cool enough here to have a quilt draped over my lap.

It's kind of special to be able to participate in this quilt because I remember sitting with my newly widowed granny in the evenings watching TV together after my summer job of pumping gas at a service station along the Ohio Turnpike. She'd handquilt this in a large hoop as I admired her work. I lived with her that summer since my missionary parents were still in the Philippines. I miss her.


I'm also working on another leaders/enders scrap quilt top to hopefully sell. We'll see how it goes.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment