Autumnal Swirling Leaves Project & Helper

 Yesterday was spent designing and drawing up a simple graph design (I don't have all the techie stuff; I still use graph paper and colored pencils. Old-fashioned still.) for a swirling leaves wallhanging or baby quilt. (Sorry it's burry.) After I get a sample made to make sure all the kinks are worked out, I may post the instructions/measurements in case anyone else wants to give it a go without having to do all the math. I always appreciate such things. 😊


These are the fabrics I just bought on sale at Hobby Lobby for this project. We'll see how they dance together.


And here's my new helper, Sherlock. We just got him Sunday afternoon and he's settling right in. The older cats are not impressed. They hiss and run off whenever they see him, which is hilarious because they are more than twice his size. He likes to climb up me and snooze on my shoulder while I'm having my morning Bible and prayer time. Cozy, but slightly distracting. 


Hope your projects are going well and that you have something in your life that's as joy-inducing to you as a kitten is to me.

2 comments:

  1. Awww isn't Sherlock a cutie!! I like the fabrics you've picked and looking forward to seeing your progress with "Swirly Leaves" xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the "dance" will be a success! How cool that you design your own patterns! Fun! Awwww...such a sweet little helper!

    ReplyDelete