October's One Monthly Goal Finished

I finished my One Monthly Goal today, so here it is:


I call this queen-sized quilt top "A Few of My Favorite Things." It's a super simple scrap-buster, which I needed for two reasons.


(1) I needed a quickly made quilt for my own bed.


(2) I needed to use up scraps and not spend money on new fabric. I did have to buy the white fabric, but nothing else. And I guess I will have to spend for batting and backing fabric, though I think I will do a mostly scrap backing, too.


So I chose a few of my favorite fabric scraps and went at it. It's been fun. Some of the fabrics are self-explanitority favorites, ie. coffee, tea, cupcakes, candy kisses, and some are favorites because I like their colors or patterns, and some are favorites because I used them to make dresses for my girls or quilts for someone, etc.

I do still need to clip the threads all over the place, but I'll do that tonight while I relax with my husband and girls and maybe a Netflix show.

In a few days I'll post my goal for November - a project for the homeschool choir that my daughter is in.

How did you do with your goals this month?


3 comments:

  1. Fun quilt top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your favorite things - there's so much too see! This gives me a great idea of what to do with some layer cakes I have around - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for finishing! I got some of my goals done last month, but none of my sewing ones... oh well xx

    ReplyDelete