A Finish! And New Goals

 I'm tickled pink that I was able to completely finish a project! Since I don't have a long-arm and my sewing machine's clear-space (or whatever the space is called between the tower and the needle) is quite small, it's hard for me to completely finish quilts. I have to hire out the quilting.

So, since I hand-quilted this Autumn Jubilee 2022 wallhanging, I was able to finishe it all by my lonesome. 😊


I used the machine-binding method rather than hand-sewing it since I really wanted to get done and I do like the look. Kinda like turkey tracks.


I don't think I'm going to do this kind of pieced border again because it was too hard to keep it from getting wavey. Or I'll finally learn to measure more accurately. 😏


I am enjoying the finished product, though, and may keep it out for awhile even if it isn't autumn here in the U.S. Then I'll put it away till September or so.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
In other news, my microgreens/shoots are looking good. And they're tasty.

I  had some mixed into my scrambled eggs this morning, and last night's romaine salad was enhanced with some. They were also good on my lunch of squash soup with whole wheat sourdough bread.


It's still quite wintery here, though the recent sunshine has been a delight, so indoor gardening is the mode still.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Goals for the rest of the week (since I'm late at posting, though I've been doing):

In the sewing nook - 
    * Put borders on Autumn Jubilee 2020
    * Catch up on Sew Scrappy Spools now that I have my fabric
    * Start cutting fabric for March project - Canning Jars

In the kitchen
    * Make apple breakfast muffins
    * Make MIL's apple cake recipe
    * Dehydrate the rest of the apples
    * Make butter

In the house
    * Get back into the routine of Joy's home organizing challenge
    * Spend at least 20 minutes/day on the junk box in bedroom


4 comments:

  1. What a pretty quilt! Congratulations on a great finish. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss--we've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely finish. It is difficult to finish quilts on your DSM when your harp is small, but congratulations on persisting. I'm sure you will enjoy that beauty. A hint: if your border seems wavy and you are quilting it yourself use a wavy or swirling line. The curves seem to tighten up the waves. Your greens look yummy! Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. Good luck on this week's list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have the measuring thing down.....and I am just now starting to cook with fresh herbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Autumn Jubilee is gorgeous and just sparkles. Woo Hoo on your fabulous finish. Your microgreens look so yummy. I bought 2 packages the other day , but have not planted them yet. You now have me motivated to do just that. Lots of yummy things are going on in your kitchen this week. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete