To-do Tuesday & March OMG

 Because of an ice storm and cost of gas to get to the closest fabric store, on this last day of February I must confess that I haven't finished my February OMG/APQ UFO Challenge. I need some sashing fabric for my completed Autumn Jubilee 2020 rows. Then I'll put it all together with borders. There is a smidge of a chance that I'll be able to finish it later today, but since I like to wash my fabrics before using, I'm not holding my breath. So, I'll finish that before I start on March's UFO.


Here's my #11 for the APQ UFO challenge and will be my March OMG: 



It's a jar quilt wall-hanging pattern and a collection of appropriate scraps to use as the stuff inside the jars. My husband bought this as a Christmas gift for me, not just after Noah exited the ark, but at about the time Job was sitting with his uncomforting friends. 😀 So I am determined to finish this into a flimsy which I will probably end up hand-quilting and hanging on my changing quilt hanger in the dining room.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

For my week's goals...

In the sewing corner:

* Sew sashings and borders of Autumn Jubilee 2020

 * Catch up with (again need a little specific fabrics) the Sew Scrappy Spools QAL.




I've gotten a good start on the centers of the spools


My fabric purchasing today will include background and spool fabrics.


* Finish the little bit left of hand-quilting Autumn Jubilee 2022.

On the homestead:

* Figure out best housing for quails - aviary, or cages
* Finish planning the raised bed gardens


In the house:

* Sort the junk box in my bedroom
* Dehydrate the apples that were on sale

In the reading nook:
* Continue "This Too Shall Last" by K.J. Ramsey
* Continue "Irish Country Welcome" by Patrick Taylor
* Skim "Polyface Micro" by Joel Salatin

I hope your week is going well. 



4 comments:

  1. Love your mix of goals for the week. And your description of how old your March OMG is made me smile. Looking forward to seeing it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your colours in your Autumn Jubilee 2020 blocks and the log cabins. The spools quilt looks like a fun quilt along.

    I made a bug jars quilt close to 20 years ago when jar quilts were THE thing! I loved it and your project makes me want to make another one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting books to be reading at the same time. =) I think quails would prefer the aviary, because they'd have more space for their little families to toddle along behind them. We used to watch them in our desert acreage, and they are amazing birds. I like the present your husband got you, and I love jar quilts. Thanks for sharing all these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always wanted to make a jar quilt! Good luck on your goal!

    ReplyDelete