A Little Late on My Goal-setting, but Better Late Than Never

 When I have extra raw milk from our cowshare, I often make paneer, an Indian cheese that's very simple, kinda bland, and really good with McCormicks roasted garlic and herbs sprinkled on top. Well, I decided to experiment a few days ago by dicing the cheese and setting it to marinate in olive oil, fermented garlic liquid, some chunks of said fermented garlic, and fresh basil leaves. I took a little taste this morning and it's quite good. I think I'll leave it a few more days to hopefully strengthen the taste. It would be fanstastic mixed with diced tomato, so I may get some at the store today. Sadly, 'tis not the season for fresh tomatoes around here.



In other news, my Lovey and I took a field trip to a quail farm Sunday afternoon to pick up eggs...



 (They're so cute!, but do not confuse them with candy eggs, as my daughter learned when she tried to bite into a raw one.) 


...and to learn about raising them ourselves.


The quail-raisers were so helpful and said we could call or text with questions as we move forward and will be happy to sell us some young birds when we're ready.




So we're working on plans to turn our "barn," a former shed/chicken coop, into an aviary-style quail coop where we can hopefully also hang meat rabbit cages. The quail will turn the planned deep bedding/mulch into compost which we can take to the gardens as needed. I'm still working on figuring out costs for all this and how best to be frugal.

Since we've raised and butchered chickens before, and raised fiber rabbits (not butchered), I think we have plenty of experience to go into this endeavor. I'm also researching various plants and grasses to grow to feed them both to lessen our feed costs.

But, with all that, I've not been in my sewing corner much. Fortunately, I've been able to make pretty good progress on my hand-quilting in the evenings:




*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Week's Goals
Since I have felt kinda scattered in my goal-planning, I just made up a simple planner page to kinda remind me of the areas in which I want to work as well as keep me on-track in them. So, here are my goals for this week:



I will daily take the week's goals and put them into the day's slots, or some I can assign ahead-of-time.


And I even had space for a cute Beatrix Potter clip-art to color while I plan. 😁

I hope your week is going smoothly and that you how great the love of God is, that he would send his unique Son to bear our punishments and to conquer death. We are blessed.







4 comments:

  1. We are definitely blessed. We had quail on our land when I was growing up, and I spent hours watching their family interactions. They are amazing birds, and I would have to be starving to eat the eggs, but it sounds like they could be useful in several ways on your property, and we do what we need to do. Rabbits and quail could be a good combination for your barn/coop area. Best of luck with your endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might not have had much sewing time, but I think you had a lovely week. Your marinated cheese sounds tasty and the quail farm visit was surely fun, inspiring and educational. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday and I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such good organizing! I can see how one might mistake a quail egg for a candy one, are they that similar in size? Your hand quilted heart topper is so pretty, love the pinks and reds. Happy Valentine's Day - you are spreading The Word as St Valentine did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little quail eggs are cute! I had a necklace made of one once, that had had the insides blown out and it was varnished and made into a necklace. I love it! It does sound like a great plan you have with the quail and rabbits! I hope it works out well for you.

    ReplyDelete