Reading Challenges for 2023

 


One of the goals I try to set (and sometimes achieve) during my goal-setting time is that of choosing what reading challenges I'll join for the next year.


The first place I look for some good challenges are at Belle's Library. This year she has quite a list of suggestions.


So, once again, I plan to join her Victorian Challenge (and this time I'm going to remember to link back to her page when I finish my books!).



Because of her recommendation I'm also going to join the five-year Classics Club challenge found here. I decided to use only books I already own and so I sat down to make a mostly comprehensive list of all my classics, paper and on Kindle. Oh, my! I might have a hoarding problem. So this challenge will be good for me, getting me to read what I already own. My list also showed me how much I have already read of the classics and that's a good thing. I came up with 400 classics (that I could find not in boxes because of remodeling downstairs) subtracted the 95 that I've already read and now I think I may be set for life for classics-reading. 😂 I do like to read an author's whole collection, or at least a lot of it, so my list on the tab above has a lot of books from only a few authors at this time.



I might also join the TBR Pile Challenge since they allow you to use books that you're using for other challenges, as does the Victorian Books challenge. 



And, because I enjoyed it last year, I'm signing up again for the Daughters of Promise Reading Program that only runs through January and February, the bests months for huddling in a warm house reading.
I think that will keep me sufficiently motivated to read, hopefully reading the books I already own. Now to make my lists of what I'm actually going to read...

I hope you have motivation and direction in your reading choices this next year.





3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I'm excited we're doing some of the same challenges! Your collection of Louisa May books look very similar to a collection I was given by my aunt and have just gifted to one of my daughters; only mine are green. Shalom! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, this looks fun! I may need to join in............. :) Off to check out the links... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very motivating. I chose to limit myself to reading only what I already own, and discovered that I may be set for life with all the classics I already have. :)

      Delete