Year-long Everyday Embroidery

 Ok, so I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but I'm up for the challenge and onward I go.

So, this year I've set myself a goal of doing a tiny embroidery every day, something along the line of #sewalittlehappinesseveryday by Sarah Edgar's Pretty Fabrics and Trims. I'll end up with a wall-hanging that's about 24"x 30" plus whatever framing I add to it.

Being a tech-challenged individual, I did all my planning out on graph paper, and it took about four tries till I got what I wanted. 



I made spaces for the month names (3"x 2"), quotes (hopefully large enough), for the monthly BOM by Jennifer Reynolds of Elefantz, (2"x 3") and for birdhouses by Crabapple Hill (patterns shrunk to fit 2"x 2"). I counted out in colored pencils to make sure I have enough spaces for each month. 


With all the planning and re-doing and waiting for inspiration and ideas and Crabapple Hill's February embroidery month challenge, I'm a little behind, but...


...here's what I've gotten done so far...



The "2022" embroidery is from Elefantz as is the tiny bird.

The pitcher, envelopes, and tea and coffee cannisters are also from Elefantz. I think the milk jug is, too.


The "teacup, books, roses" pattern is from Elefantz and gave me a good reason to relearn blanket-stitch applique.
I've made a few more blocks since these pictures were take, so am catching up and soon will be on-point to embroider one space per day throughout the year. The black lines are done with Lizbet size 20 thread and my kitties dearly love to grab the ball of it out of my embroidery bad and parade around the house with it, or chase it here and there. 😏

I would challenge you to join me, but, whew!, this was a long project to set up (unless you're smarter than I and have lots of time on your hands; then I'd love company). I am excited about doing it and enjoyed shopping at JoAnn yesterday for some pendant/charms to stick in here and there.




6 comments:

  1. This is so ambitious! What a lovely plan. Your tiny stitches are wonderful. Thank you for sharing in my linky party. I look forward to seeing more ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I love it! I started something similar once upon a time... I think it became a UFO... I'd join you but I'd better not, lol! I'll look forward to seeing you fill in all the blanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! You are amazing!!! I started following you about a year ago. I was interested in the idea, but never thought about joining you. Now that you've suggested it, i'm going to have to. I tried one several years ago with 1" hexies, but ran out of ideas to stitch. I might just pick those up again and join you. Better late than never. BTW, I'm doing the transport hill bird houses too 💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a fine line between amazing/brave and stupid. Not sure where I actually am on that line. :) I get a lot of my ideas from various embroidery books as well as other book illustrations. I'd love to see your hexies and hope you had fun with the bird houses.

      Delete
  4. That is a lot of work but so going to be worth it when finished. I envy anyone who has the patience for hand sewing. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down, hope you'll come to share your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think handsewing/embroidery may be my way of coping with ADD, which I don't actually know if I have. ;)

      Delete