Flourishing in the Domestic Arts

The tomato harvest continues, much to my delight as I haven't gotten to preserve a whole lot. We've eaten them fresh, made some pico de gallo (fresh salsa), and made some chili sauce (a tomato, honey, cinnamon and other spices concoction that's great on beef and scrambled eggs).


I have preserved some dehydrated apples, but many of them have ended up being munched very quickly.


And I stayed home all day Tuesday (a rarity lately) so I got to make mini-loaves of whole wheat sourdough bread. I love it as toast and my youngest daughter enjoys making sandwiches with it.


I use the long-raising method of Around the Family Table Blog which we've come to really enjoy.


I also got to play a little with the Autumn Jubilee quilt-along, cutting scraps for leaves for a wall-hanging. (My organizing board is a spray-painted old cookie sheet.)


While cutting scraps, I got to listen to some of the online Hutchmoot Homebound conference geared toward a community of Christian artists, writers, musicians, readers, poets, lovers of the arts and lovers of Christ. It's inspiring, challenging, and funny. It's put on by the Rabbit Room people and this year and last year it was done online rather than in person so I was able to join in and have gained much from it.


Then this afternoon I've been working on sewing together the leaves



My other project(s) for the sewing corner this afternoon include making two simple nursing covers for an upcoming baby shower and hopefully starting the purse/bag that's part of the Autumn Jubilee activities. 

I hope you're having fun with some domestic arts this week. Autumn seems to call for that.



 

1 comment:

  1. Love all your domesticity... those are my best weeks when I can get a bit of everything in! xx

    ReplyDelete