Sushi Buffet and Amish Country

Before we head off to Amish country, I just have to sing the praises of a little restaurant in the Cleveland area where you can get your choise of a sushi buffet, make-your-own hotpot, or traditional dinner order. My sister and I chose the sushi buffet, but next time I hope to try to hotpot.

The sushi was probably the best I've ever had, tender and flavorful, and we could check-mark the menu to choose what we wanted. I also got some onion soup and seweed salad and my sister got calamari. We were allowed to share between buffeters, but Mom, who ordered a traditional meal, wasn't supposed to take from the buffet. It was sooooo good and worth the semi-high price.




The next day we got to start out in quite a rainstorm to drive the hour or so down to the area near Berlin, Ohio, and visited a cheese factory (their garlic curds are magnificent!), an Amish grocery, and of course, a quilt shop as well as finally seeing Lehman's, the pilgrimage place for DIYers and non-electric goods. Fortunately, the downpour didn't extend that far south.

At the cheese factory


I amazed myself by not buying anything.



We were able to find replacement parts for Mom's Aladdin lamp (leftover from our missionary days in the Philippines where electricity was not reliable).

Just when you think you've gotten to the end of the maze of rooms at Lehman's, there's always another offshoot. 😄 It was amazing and I surprised myself again by not buying anything though I was looking for a certain kind of seed sprouting lid to make more sprout jars.

These gorgeous carvings were just inside the door at Lehman's.



I love the old-fashioned sheaves.

This amazing wall of spices (beautifully stored and tasty) was at the Amish grocery store.


We also stopped at a Mennonite thrift store at which I bought a book, of course.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment