Herbs and Tea with Wool Spinning

It was a fine day of puttering about the kitchen, mixing up a new batch of evening herbal tea and then having shirttail relatives and married daughter over for learning how to spin wool into yarn.

My herbal tea usually has some red raspberry leaves in it, too, for lady help, but I don't have any right now, so I just combined about equal part of Stinging Nettle, a Chamomile blend, and Alfalfa to make and easy and healthful evening tea blend.





After mixing, I put it in my repurposed half-gallon pickle jar with the spray-painted lid.


I was also able to feed my sourdough a couple of times, bake some Trim Healthy Mama friendly brownies and banana muffins, and prepare some Simpson and Vail Jane Austen Literary Tea and Earl Grey Tea to share with shirt-tail relatives who came over to learn how to spin yarn.

My married daughter has been spinning for a few years and was kind enough to teach them how to get started. So we drank pot after pot of tea, talked up a storm, and got excited about fiber art.


They caught on rather quickly though more practice will help make it all a little smoother.


It was a good day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment