Catching Up - Outdoor Field Trip

 Wow! I'm becoming a monthly blogger, which was certainly not my intent. Today I catch up on some of my recent adventures, reading, and crafting. Grab a cuppa, as lots of bloggers say, and come with me.

In November, our homeschooling group got together (sort of) for an outdoor field trip to a very interesting park. It's called an Art Legacy Park and is a series of hiking trails throughout which are positioned some very interesting sculpures and such depicting different eras in Michigan history and art.



Somebody tipped the table (and the chairs).


I only knew this was a mobius strip because my homeschooled kids taught that to me. 
I love homeschooling!


This, of course, commemorates Michigan's lumbering history.


It's a little hard to see that these are fish with colored glass in them. 
I imagine that the glass shines beautifully on a sunny day.


It was so nice to get out and hike as well as to see friends and art. It was also quite a physical challenge to hike the very hilly terrain! Gotta get offa dat couch.

*************

Next came a long relaxing visit to the used book exchange where I netted a cool nine books for only a little over $2.50 because of the credits I had from turning books in.

Yes, somebody actually built a book tree like I keep seeing photos of. 
Perhaps I should have stolen some of those photos cuz mine look foggy.



I think the vintage Elizabeth Goudge books are a treasure.
The Wack Job kitty thinks the lights are more fascinating.


I'll share more on my next post because I'm especially excited to show you the completed Tree of Gondor wedding quilt.









No comments:

Post a Comment