February's One Monthly Goal



I am again going to make a stab at finishing something this month with the kind motivation provided by Elm Street Quilts' One Monthly Goal. I just missed getting my January goal done, but will hopefully have more sewing time this month.


So... here's my goal: Turn this into a Michigan themed wall hanging, quilting and all.


It started out as a wild life kind of quilt-along, but I didn't care for the way it was going, so decided to quit and then got inspired to turn it into a wall hanging that focused on the beauties of Michigan. I have several blocks to finish and one or two to start and finish. Then I'll choose how to quilt or tie it.

Edit: I just discovered the UFO Number Draw Challenge so will be linking up there, too.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Meanwhile, the snow continues to accumulate around me and I'm so eager for spring. We had some sunshine yesterday, which was a nice break from the grayness of the sky. It even got warm enough for a little walk without my heavy jacket. Counting my blessings! :)

I have started my indoor salad gardening to give us fresher greens during the winter as well as more nutrition. And, I like gardening. :)


I had my book spiral bound so it would stay open for me as I follow directions.


This is my first tray of sunflower seeds (not the birdseed kind), radish, peas, buckwheat, and broccoli, just set out from the dark sprouting 4-day period. They should now green up for a few days and grow their first leaves. Then I'll harvest for salad. I just might have a mold problem, or it could be "root hair." I'll keep an eye on it for a day or two.








8 comments:

  1. I like what you have started so far on your Michigan wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm making it up as I go, so it should be interesting. Ha!

      Delete
  2. Love the lighthouse! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done the same thing with quilt alongs that didn't go the direction I liked. Quilting is a personal creation in my book. We are free to make what we want from others ideas.

    I LOVE that you posted a picture of the book about growing your salad all year. I am very interested and may be looking for that book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just had our first harvest and made a simple salad with the seedlings, some balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. I thought it was wonderful. Some of the family didn't care for the radish seedlings, so I'll probably try another seed in its place.

      Delete
  4. P.S. Thanks for joining the UFO NDC linky party. Your lighthouse quilt will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete