Felicitously Fondling Fabric - Scrappy Bookmarks

My latest fun and games has been making bookmarks for our library's building fund. We are in desperate need of a new building, and though bookmarks don't bring in a ton of money, every little bit helps.

These bookmarks were inspired by Busy Being Jennifer whose tutorial is very clear and easy to follow. She said I could use it to make up some of these beauties to sell at the library.


Putting my own twist, a love for words and quotes, into the project, I printed up some words and quotes on printable fabric and splashed them here and there.


Jennifer had used these cute little tassels, so I searched Amazon and found some to add to my bookmarks, too.


I'm going to try getting $10 per bookmark, since they are a little labor-intensive, but if they won't sell at that price, I'll try $8.


I like the idea of a day for just reading!


These are so fun to make and only use up scraps of fabric and interfacing or thin batting, unless you add embellishments like the words and tassels. I urge you to try some; they're fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment