Back Again

You would think that with only one kid to homeschool anymore, I'd have more time for blogging, sewing, learning new crafts, etc. but, no. Since many of my helpers have left home, or are working outside jobs, I seem to have more to do. Ha! So, I don't sew as much as I'd like and I don't have as much progress on projects to report.

And last weekend I was travelling, which is fun, but I didn't take my camera, just my phone and I'm not technically savvy enough to transfer pics from the camera yet. And I don't feel like learning now - it's a holiday weekend after all.

I enjoyed the 74 degree weather in Georgia as I travelled from northern Michigan, where we've definitely hit winter weather, to Cleveland where I accompanied my 84 year old mom on airplanes to her grandson's (my nephew's) wedding in Augusta. Having the wheelchair service for her was such a help! They took us through TSA quickly, let us board early, and wheeled her all through the massive Atlanta airport. It all went very smoothly and we were very thankful.

But it was a joy to be back home again. I was definitely out of my element in the big cities. I'm a country girl for sure!

I got to take my embroidery along and made a little progress on that as my mom chattered away to me.


And when I got home I made a little more progress on Roo's wedding quilt, but discovered that I need more of the dark blue fabric, so I switched to cutting out some simple dresses for me.


We had a very laid-back Thanksgiving since we'd had our feast earlier in the month to accomodate our daughter's and son-in-law's busy seasons at work. So we had a late breakfast and then a nice homemade soup buffet for late lunch. It was relaxing and enjoyable.

Hope your holidays are full of thanksgiving to the One who gave Himself for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment