Gentle Domesticity Week 8




I thought that all I had to share this week for the Gentle Domesticity book study was that I had made progress on my "scrapghan," 



but then I remembered that one of the things mentioned in the week's reading was the making of a tea cozy, so I thought I'd share some of the tea cozies I have made.

This first one I really like because it's Beatrix Potter fabric and I like Beatrix Potter stuff. It cinches up draw-string style to fit a variety of sizes of pots.



This one is the same style, but the fabric is of beautiful china tea cups and names of a variety of teas.



Awhile ago I was playing with wool sweaters that I'd bought at yard sales or thrift shops for felting. I washed them in hot water and dried them in the dryer and they felted up nice and tightly. I used some to make these two cozies. This style slips quickly over the pot so is quite convenient.



This fun slip-over cozy was crocheted by my sister so it's special that way. It has a little button under the pot's handle to help it stay on.


To answer Jenny's end-of-post questions, I haven't really changed in my thoughts about color from having read this section on color. I've always loved lots of color and enjoy playing with a variety. Right now my leanings are toward aqua and red, but I like lots of colors and even sometimes break the old fashion rule of not wearing bright colors in winter. Sometimes I just need the pick-me-up of lots of bright color when the gray skies are getting me down.

Now I'm off to brew a pot of Black Currant tea to put under one of these tea cozies.


2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post. Your tea cosies are so cute. I never new there were rules for seasonal clothing . I would think bright colours in winter would be quite uplifting during the dreary cold rainy days.



    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wear brights in winter...drab colours have never been my style, never lifted my spirits the way colours do.
    Great idea on the wool felting for a tea cosy! Looks fantastic. :-)

    ReplyDelete