Another Finish - Advent Calendar

 I'm excited about this finish for several reasons.



It's been hanging around for over a year from a magazine pattern that I've had for lots of years.

Gotta love how my dress and slippers show here!

I got it done in time for my daughter's Christmas adventing.


It's super cute, with the heart blocks as well as the star buttons to tie the layers together.


I think it would look best with mini candy canes in the pockets, but this is what I had on hand and I love these wintergreen candies. Want one? I'll share. 😊

I put little triangle corner hangers on the back side and inserted a dowel with duct-tape covered ends into them so she can hang it where and how she likes.

So, now I get to start another advent calendar for another married daughter. Will post that as I go.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work on the calendar. Great idea using star buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a super cute Advent tree! I should show it to the client I made one for, as she's going to want two more in a couple years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The book is from an old book or magazine. I noticed there is a copy for sale on eBay - Pine Tree and Heart Advent Calendar.

      Delete
  3. I love your tree and agree a candy cane would be perfect for hanging from the pockets. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down last week. Normally I am much faster with gratitude's but life has been busy.

    ReplyDelete